It is very important to prepare your property for a Real Estate Photoshoot. You want to make sure it looks at its best to appeal potential buyers. It is of common knowledge that a good photo increases by 33% the possibilities of a good sell. Also, preparing for the photoshoot will decrease the time spent by the photographer thus reducing costs.
I am a professional Real Estate Photographer based in Mijas and covering the entire Costa del Sol from Malaga to Estepona.
These are my recommendations of what to do in advance.
- The apartment, house or villa must be organized and clean. Logical, no?. We want to give the perfect first impression.
- Choose the time of day where the Sun will be fully illuminating the front of the house.
- Choose a sunny day and free of clouds. Especially if the house or apartment has a great Sea or Mountain view.
- Eliminate all rubbish from kitchen, bathrooms and rooms.
- If you have pets, please remove all beds, plates and toys.
- Remove all your personal photos.
- Check all light bulbs are functioning properly.
- Clean all windows and glass doors.
- Remove all portable phones, tablets and chargers.
- Remove all books and magazines you are currently reading.
GARDENS AND OUTDOORS
- Clean the pool. Make sure there are no leafs and the bottom is vacuumed.
- All outdoor furniture must be clean, organized and with its cushions if applicable.
- Organize all water hoses.
- Cut the grass, trim bushes and trees.
- Remove pool, jacuzzi and BBQ covers.
- If the photoshoot is at the end of the day or at night, make sure all light bulbs are in working order.
- All appliances must be clean with hidden cables.
- Counter tops must be clean and free of cutting boards and rags.
- Remove all magnets and articles from the fridge.
- Remove all dish cleaning soap, sponges, brushes, etc.
- Flowers or a fruit bowl is a nice addition.
LIVING ROOM AND DINING AREA
- All furniture must be aligned, clean and in good working order.
- All cushions and curtains must be clean and organized.
- Tidy all cables from TV, Internet router or any other equipment.
- It is good to have plants or flowers.
- Remove anything broken or in bad shape.
- If you have area carpets, they must be clean and in good shape.
- Make the beds with matching covers. Make sure they look as good as possible.
- Remove all your personal belongings from the night tables.
- Hide shoes and clothing, including everything behind the doors.
- Remove all your personal articles like toothbrush, shampoo, soap, hair dryer, etc. Use a box to put all in to easily replace them when the photoshoot is over.
- We recommend to decalcify the shower head.
- If there is a glass shower curtain, clean all water spots.
- Hide the toilet paper and trash can.